Child Custody Advice

prenuptial agreement

Child Custody Law determines which parent should be responsible for the care and well-being of a child following separation or divorce. Call us if you need child custody advice.

Many parents co-operate when it comes to sharing responsibility and use mediation to settle any dispute but in some cases, the parents or those responsible for the child cannot come to an agreement. If you are in this situation, you may want to apply for custody of your child.

If you are thinking of applying for custody of your child, our practising Family Law solicitors can answer your questions and advise you on the best course of action.

If it becomes necessary for the courts to intervene, the court will make a decision about where a child will live, and which parent the child will be allowed to have contact with based on the facts of the case according to The Children Acts 1989 and 2002.

The outcome is the court order – a legally binding ruling by a Judgeof which there are three kinds: a residence order; a contact order and a specific issue order.

Under Child Custody Law, you can appeal against an order if you disagree with it.

This area of the law can be complicated. For useful fact sheets about contact with children in England and Wales, visit the Coram Children's Legal Centre website We strongly advise you to seek advice from a child custody solicitor practising in Family Law as early as possible.

Placing children in care

You may be facing a situation where a Local Authority has decided that a child should be removed from his or her usual home to be looked after elsewhere. These are extremely complex matters and can cause significant stress and disruption. We can advise you on the legal process, what is involved in taking legal action and whether you can challenge the decision. However, if we advise you that you can challenge a decision to place a child in care, you will not be able to resolve the matter in one call.

We Talk Law’s experienced solicitors offer legal advice on a wide variety of Family Law matters, including divorce and grandparents’ rights in child custody cases.

Do you have a legal problem and need child custody advice? Our easy-to-use phone service will help you to resolve it. Call We Talk Law for a free initial assessment on 0203 002 4898, and one of our expert lawyers will call you back. Unlimited legal advice for just £68!

We Talk Law's three easy steps for providing helpful legal advice:

  • Call us for your free initial assessment, to tell us about your legal problem
  • If we can help you, one of expert lawyers call you back at an agreed time
  • You get unlimited legal advice over the phone, all for a fixed fee of £68

Find out more about how it works or call 0203 002 4898.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.